Friday, April 2, 2010

A day off with lots to do!

I woke up this morning with a headache, ouch!  So I had a very uninvolved Trader Joe’s pumpkin pancake for breakfast.  Need to have a Trader Joe’s closer to where I live.  Maybe, once I graduate and find a position, there will be one near by.  Oh, and here she is…

april2 002 I was supposed to get up and go to cycle this morning but was unsuccessful.  Hanging my head in shame as I blog.  Speaking of blog, I have my first followers!!!!  I’m so excited, I really would like to thank Linda from Taxi Diaries and Alexia from My Wicked, Wicked Ways for following me.  If you read this, please check em out and follow them as well!!

And now, for a little how-to.  I know this is probably on everyone’s blog, but it’s not on mine :)

HOW THIS BROKE GIRL MAKES GREEK YOGURT

I am entirely too poor to afford the name brand Greek Yogurts, although very yummy; I can’t deal with paying $1 and some change for a small container of yogurt.  So here it is!  Here’s what you’ll need…

Fat free Plain yogurt - store brand if fineFat Free Plain Yogurt, big ole tub on the cheap!

april2 004    Coffee filter; I use them for a lot of things other than coffee.

april2 005Strainer, nothing fancy.

april2 006  Separate about 1/3 of the container in a plastic saver; all of the yogurt won’t fit into the coffee filter.

april2 008 april2 009Empty the remaining amount of yogurt into your coffee filter/strainer contraption (I love that word, lol)

april2 010  Put the strainer back on the empty container and place it in the fridge.  I usually let it sit for 12-24 hours.  Usually, I  have to mix a little of the reserved yogurt with the strained portion to thin it out a tad. 

So, there you have it!  My broke cost effective way to achieve Greek Yogurt at home!

1 comment:

Hey, leave your 2 cents before you go :)