Thursday, August 18, 2011

You...


Dear Ladybug:

You're such a big girl now!  Wow, second grade??  I can't believe how fast you're growing up, right before my eyes.  I just want to tell you how special you are; I never imagined how much the universe could bless me with such a wonderful little person.  When you were born, all I could say was 'Wow, is she really mine?'  Your intelligence and beauty is unmeasured, in my book; and seeing you go into school on the first day with such confidence and determination brought tears to my eyes.  On your first day of second grade, you walked quickly in front of me unable to contain your excitement for the upcoming school year.  You told me that if you get letter grades this year to only expect one: ALL A's!!!  You told me you were sad about missing your drop in on the previous day, but it was okay because all teachers are nice!  You told me you hope some of your friends are in the class with you so you would have someone to talk to.  I quickly said, school is not for talking, it's for learning little girl!  You just looked at me and said, "MOOOOOOOMMMMMYYYYYYY!!!!". 

You have shown only the tip of your ice burg, and I can guarantee there are big things in your future.  You can really be anything you want to be Ladybug, and if you work hard enough and strive for excellence everyday - nothing is insurmountable.  A little piece of advise for you - difficult does not mean impossible, never let anyone tell you that you can't accomplish what you set out to do, even if those words come from people you love.  Also, never lose sight of the most important individual on this planet, even the universe...YOU!!!  Keep her happy, healthy, striving, and unstoppable!!!

You are so loved, that you have no idea....

 

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful archive for a beautiful little girl.


    Here's the recipe for the Popsicles....i hope you have as much fun as we did: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/06/berry-yogurt-popsicles.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Girl, I think we will make these this weekend. We're going to Ikea and I think they have a popsicle maker thingy! Thanks and happy Friday (hits the bar...no wait, it's still only 9:52 am :()
    ~Toot (since I can't post under my profile, damn blogger!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an awesome letter to your daughter! love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Miesha - Thanks girlie! She can bring the sweet side out of me, I think she's the only one who can do it. I think we're on the same page...I want another baby too :(
    @Mrs. Pancakes - Thanks! I'm about to go check your blog out. Thanks for the comment-love :)
    ~Toot

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave your 2 cents before you go :)